The University of Minho will host the UMinho-APL Summer School of Linguistics on Experimental Methods in Syntax. The one-week summer school aims at graduate and postgraduate students and researchers interested in working on experimental syntax. Its goal is to bring together specialists in the field of theoretical syntax, language acquisition, psycholinguistics and statistics, while providing an opportunity for junior researchers to present and discuss their work in an additional poster session.
The Summer School is organized by the Centro de Estudos Humanísticos (CEHUM - University of Minho), together with the Portuguese Association of Linguistics (APL).
- Antonella Sorace (University of Edinburgh)
- Cécile De Cat (University of Leeds)
- Ana Lúcia Santos (University of Lisbon)
- Maria do Carmo Lourenço-Gomes (University of Lisbon/University of Minho)
- + Participation of the Department of Mathematics and Applications/UMinho
- CEHUM (Research Group on Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics)
- APL (Portuguese Association of Linguistics)
- Cristina Flores (UMinho)
- Pilar Barbosa (UMinho)
- Anabela Rato (UMinho)
Deadlines for registration and fees:
By June 30:
- 120€ - normal fee
- 40€ for students of the University of Minho
- 60€ for students and for members of the Portuguese Association of Linguistics
By July 30:
- 160 € - normal fee
- 60€ for students of the University of Minho
- 80€ for students or for members of the Portuguese Association of Linguistics
The registration fee is non-refundable.
Universidade do Minho / Instituto de Letras e Ciências Humanas
The UMinho Summer School of Linguistics 2015 will include a poster session in order to give junior researchers a chance to present their work and discuss it with leading specialists in the field of experimental syntax. Submitted work has to be related with experimental syntax.
Deadline for abstract submission: June 30
Notification of acceptance: July 15
Abstracts should have no more than 1 page, 12pt., single-spaced, including text, examples, and references. All abstracts must be sent as anonymous pdf files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment information: Upon registration, the participant receives information on how to pay the fee.
Centro de Estudos Humanísticos
Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar